A freelancer refers to a single-person business. Generally, a freelancer is contracted to work on a phase of a larger project. The term Freelancer is also defined as one who is self-employed or an independent contractor.
Most freelancers fall under one of these categories:
- Maintains a daytime job
- Works for supplemental income
- Maintains lifestyle between main forms of employment
- Future Business Owner
- Full time dedication
- Easily adapts to changes
- Learns new skills easily
- Between main emplyment jobs
- Works where available
- Fills temporary voids
- Tested for compatibility.
- Generally works on-location within a larger business.
- Eventually becomes employed by the hiring business.